Sunday, March 21, 2010

What strategies have you used to reduce anxiety? Have you used alcohol, tobacco or other substances as a strategy to reduce fear or anxiety? To help you feel normal, more connected or less self conscious about your thoughts, feelings or mannerisms? Do alcohol or other strategies, offer relief from struggling to try to try to fit in? Do you use alcohol or other at home?

F60: Walking, meditating, books--I love bookstores and libraries. I experience anxiety over other people's expectations of me, or what I think they want. Sometimes I think they want more than they do. I can't always read people that way. This hasn't changed at all.

If you had the time, energy and opportunity to form a small group of friends or similarly minded people, what would you want to get out of the group?

No comments: