Sunday, March 21, 2010

Advice and Comments

If you were writing this questionnaire to better understand the Asperger experience over a lifetime, what question would you include and how would you answer it?
What advice would you give others, particularly young people, with Asperger’s?


F60 Perhaps a question about parenting for those of us who are parents---how did it affect that role?
In my own case I did the best I could to give them unconditional love as well as the guidance all parents need to give. My kids seem to think I succeeded. I also tried to make them independent because it is important, especially since we are by nature loners in aspergers families. All of my kids can stand on their own feet. I see many families that are very dependent and to a suffocating degree. That is where we are different.

No comments: